Life is a journey enjoy the ride
In the 62 years that I have been driving, I have owned nine cars. My first car was a 1964 Ford convertible and my last/current one a 2007 black hatchback Yaris. I’ve never been a car aficionado, but there is one car that I always dreamed of owning - a vintage Volkswagen van. For me the van, decorated with flower decals, will always be the quintessential symbol of the 1960’s - an era that celebrated the ideals of peace and love forever. I will admit that I was never a true hippie. Rather just a pseudo hippie, but despite my advanced age, inside I still feel that calling of nature and harmony.
I know I will never own a VW hippie van, so last night I came up with the brilliant idea to transform my Yaris into a hippie car. And how to do that? Why just order a packet of daisy decal stickers. My goal is to decorate my Yaris to resemble a real hippie car.
When I told Tony my plan he immediately broke out in song – "If you’re going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair…"
Ummm, to complete the picture, maybe I also need a flower for my hair?
No comments:
Post a Comment