Tuesday, September 15, 2026

 


Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Long time ago I read an article about writing a letter to your younger self. I’ve thought a lot about doing it, but until recently I had no clue as to what I could say to little EllenB that would make a difference. That is, until yesterday.

I saw my reflection in the mirror and frowned when I looked at my hair. And then it hit me. One of the things I have spent a lifetime hating about myself is my frizzy hair. I was bullied about my Brillo hair in school, but I never told anyone. I knew the bullies were right. I did have ugly hair. 

Dear Sweet EllenB,
You are loved just the way you are. You have wonderful frizzy hair, and it frames your face like a hallo. A living angel.
Love, 
You, all grown up

Starting today, I am going to look into the mirror every day and tell myself that I like my frizzy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment