Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Singin' in the Rain

The husband and I grew up on opposite sides of the country. He’s from California and I am from New Jersey. I enjoy cool weather, whereas he wants the heat on when it’s 73 in the house. I would sleep with the windows open every day and night while he wears sweats 365 days a year. There is however one type of weather that we both love – rain. We agree there is nothing nicer than staying in when the weather is damp and gloomy. A log in the fireplace, hot soup and grilled cheese sandwiches – the husband makes the best grilled cheese ever – and we are exactly where we want to be.

One of the things I love about being on the design team of VLVS is looking through their incredible variety of stamps. I went in search for stamps to make a card for the husband. I didn’t want it too cute, and it had to be meaningful for the two of us. When I saw these 2 stamps -Vintage Man With Umbrella and You make even the rainy days special. I knew I had found the perfect stamps to reflect what I feel.



This has to be one of the easiest cards I have ever made.
Got it completed in less than 10 minutes.
Who said the longer something takes the better it is? Not this gal.
 
Supplies
White Cardstock
Kraft Paper
Patterned Paper
MS Heart Punch and a scrap of red paper
Miracle Tape 
Vintage Man With Umbrella VLVS
You make even the rainy days special. VLVS

Directions
I took a 5 1/2" x 8" piece of cardstock, folded it in half and set aside. For the cover I cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of Kraft paper and stamped the Vintage Man With Umbrella. I layered this with a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of red paper on top of a 3" x 3 1/2" piece of patterned paper. I adhered to the cardstock using Miracle Tape. I then stamped the You make even the rainy days special.sentiment on the bottom of the card. For the inside I layered with Kraft paper and white cardstock. I topped the cover off by gluing on a handful of mini red hearts.  

The husband has my heart. Who has yours?

 

1 comment:

  1. It is dangerous to visit here I always need to go stamp shopping! Love the card it always warms my heart to visit you xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete