9/11
In 2016 Tony and I went to NYC. We had 3 goals for our visit, see Casey, a Broadway show and the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. I have many happy memories of our mini holiday, but what still haunts me is the 9/11 Museum. As we entered, it was so quiet that I felt as if I was in a house of worship.
In one area there was a small alcove where photos graced the walls. I glanced over and saw a man in a wheelchair quietly sobbing. His hand was caressing one of the photos, and I knew it was of a loved one of his who had been lost in 9/11. I quickly turned away because it was such a private moment.
When we left the Museum, I told Tony that they needed to supply free tissues because I knew that no one could view the remnants of such sadness and terror without being brought to tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment