Saturday, June 14, 2014

HOPE is more than just a 4 letter word!

I am not a “Spring has Sprung” kind of gal.  Most of my journals are made with monochromatic Kraft paper and despite the fact that the door of the Beehive is yellow, there isn't anything bright and colorful in my closet.

There is this incredibly talented artist, Charlotte, who is also a professional photographer. Gorgeous photos and Gorgeous Digital Papers. Recently she asked me to make something special with her line that was inspired by the Kew Gardens in London and called The Botanical Collection.
Odd for me, but I was immediately drawn to her yellow and orange papers. I knew I wanted to make a journal and had a few ideas swirling around when I heard the sad news that one of my former co-workers had recently been diagnosed with cancer.  Having a good support group is so important when you are facing a life threatening disease, but also is expressing your feelings. And that is how my Journal of Hope was born.

The cover is layered with Washi Tape and three of The Botanical Collection papers.
 
Inside are pockets that hold tags for friends and family to add their notes of support.

 
There are 45 (90) pages of parchment paper that has been tea dyed and inked to give a vintage look.
We have all been touched by cancer in one way or another.  My hope is that I can make a difference, albeit small, in the fight against this horrible disease. I will be listing the Journal of Hope in my Etsy store – Inside the Beehive -  and will be making a donation to the Cancer Society with every Journal I sell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment