Monday, May 23, 2016

95% of Blogs Fail



Up until a few days ago I was in the popular crowd - kind of - since 95% of Blogs fail and The Womens Waiting Room was a card carrying member. Yesterday I was given Aunt Jean's big, yellow baking bowl.  Aunt Jean is my Aunt through marriage and is this wonderfully creative woman, who  never married and has lived her life with passion and flair.
At almost 93, she recently decided to sell her home and move into a nearby assisted living home. She has been culling her possessions and yesterday, at our monthly visit, she gave me her Memory Bowl. It was her Mother's baking bowl and she fondly shared stories about how her mother would both mix and bake cakes in the bowl. Her favorites being the chocolate and the Easter cake. She had held onto it because it held such wonderful memories. Food does that. I fell in love with the bowl the minute I saw it. Think perhaps I smelled the delicious cakes.  


8 comments:

  1. It's great to see you again! I started my blog around the same time you did, but while you moved on to videos, I'm still sticking up one little post a month. Most months, anyway. Sometimes I just don't have it in me. I still do a calendar at the first of most months, and the main reason is because my 92 year old grandmother likes to print them to hang on the refrigerator of her assisted living apartment. Another coincidence--believe it or not, she is my grandma through marriage. Really! My grandma passed awat when I was only 4 and Grandpa remarried six years later. I was the flower girl in my grandparents' wedding! :D She is the only grandmother my brother and cousins have ever known. She's full of good stories, too. I think we are a couple of very lucky ladies to have acquired them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE that we have something in common that is so special to both of us. Sometimes Aunt Jean drives me nutty since she refuses to wear her hearing aid and walks at the speed of a turtle, but her enthusiasm for life is almost tangible. Loving someone the old is a gift and I don't take any time I spend with her for granted. I know you totally understand and I thank you for sharing. Give your Grandma a hug for me! And one to you too!

      Delete
  2. Love the bowl. I've been collecting yellow bowls for years now ,so of course this caught my eye. I should use my collection more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever see a dollar bill hanging on the wall of a small store? It's usually from the very first sale the store owner gets and it is very special. Starting back with TWWR was an important decision for me and I want to thank you for leaving a comment. I will be printing out your comment and hanging it on the wall of the Beehive. I know this sounds rather insane but I feel as if the bowl is alive. You understand, don't you? Thanks and hugs :-)

      Delete
  3. Yellow is the best colour for a bowl. 95% of blogs fail at what? If the blog is there for you to use as you want, I call it a success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment. You have changed the way I feel about blogging and the WWW, and for that I will be forever grateful. :-) Thank you and hugs!

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with your new venture. I hope you can resist the urge to buy that wonderful old book you just happen to see for sale next week or next month or... I know I can't!
    Judi Taylor, Ann Arbor, MI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graphic 45 OZ is calling to me and I am fighting the urge to buy. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter? I'll let you know if I give in to temptation. :-)

      Delete