Monday, May 30, 2016

Dollar Tree and the Bum


I may be a frequent shopper at DT, but there are a few things I vowed never to purchase. Foremost is food. I have a phobia of purchasing expired or spoiled food that will make me sick - been there, done that way too many times. Another thing is TP. When I was working, just retired last year, I hated the one ply TP at work and promised myself and my bum that no matter what my financial situation when I retired, I deserved soft TP -  my favorite being Charmin. Side note - the husband loves Scott and we have separate bathrooms, that's why our marriage works.
Last month I was out of TP and on my way to Ralph's to stock up on paper goods, my car mysteriously ended up in the DT parking lot instead of Ralph's. Still trying to figure out how that happened? Obviously, had to stop in and ended up with some nonsense I didn't need but wanted...plus something I needed but didn't want... a 4 pack of their TP.

It's been a month and wanna guess whether it was awful or divine? It was neither. Better than work but definitely not as soft as Charmin. My official bum tested recommendation is, next time you 're shopping at DT put a pack in your basket. It's great to have on hand when you just don't have time to go shopping. No cute bears but seriously folks, have you ever seen a bear wipe their bum? Me neither!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest opinion. I often shop at Costco and buy their TP. Butt, pun intended, I think they must have changed their supplier. It felt like industrial strength TP. No concern for the area it's being used in. So I switched to the name brand they carry. A few dollars more but it felt so nice. I will try $$tree now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest opinion. I often shop at Costco and buy their TP. Butt, pun intended, I think they must have changed their supplier. It felt like industrial strength TP. No concern for the area it's being used in. So I switched to the name brand they carry. A few dollars more but it felt so nice. I will try $$tree now.

    ReplyDelete