Thursday, May 23, 2013

Zebra Dreams

Last month, while searching for Zebra images for my Vintage Zebra Journal, I happened upon this charming poem.
I dreamed I was riding a zebra
with curly pink hair on her head
and when I woke up in the morning
that zebra was there in my bed.

I rode into school on my zebra.
It caused all the teachers to scream.
But then I was slightly embarrassed
to find it was still just a dream.

I woke up again in my bedroom,
and saw with relief and a laugh
I don't have a pink-headed zebra.
I guess I'll just ride the giraffe.

--Kenn Nesbitt

 
I immediately fell in love and although it didn't quite fit in with the journal, I kenw it had a life in a future project. What I needed was a pink haired zebra, which I couldn’t find, but what about a painted Pink Striped Zebra from Viva Las Vegastamps? Can you say PERFECT?


I used one of my prized Dollar Tree boxes that I covered with Hot Pink Zebra Paper from Michael's. This was my first time using HELMAR Decoupage and Craft Paste. LOVED IT! 


I wanted to add dimension to the top so added 4 layers,
starting with some embossed black tin. 
 
Lots of TH Black Soot, dot ribbon and bling complete the outside.


Inside I added dot paper and a darling Zebra Stripe flower
 I received from a new friend.

I think Zebras are rather interesting animals. Like their relatives, horses and donkeys, they are bright, social and vegetarians. But unlike their relatives, they can't be tamed by humans. I wonder why? Do you have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Your pink zebra box is simply fabulous! I just found your blog via VLVS blog and am so glad I did. I really like the way you write and share the stories behind your projects!

    ReplyDelete