Monday, February 24, 2014

200 Hugs

I am so used to using Michael’s 40% off coupons that buying anything without one seems like a travesty. However, I have to be truthful and admit that I occasionally waste money. Never on purpose, but every now and then I buy something on impulse…and later regret it…a lot.

Like that pair of adorable shoes I bought on my last trip to NYC. Black leather ballet flats with an embroidered red rose on the toes, how could I resist them? But those blisters were not adorable. The shoes are now in a box ready to be donated to Goodwill. And don’t get me started on those wildly expensive coils I bought thinking I would be able to use them with my Cinch. Big mistake. Guess where they are? If you guessed sitting next to those shoes in the Regret Box, you’re right!  
Now anyone who knows me also knows that I LOVE Hug Snug Seam Binding. And, for the last year I have been thinking about ordering the 200 Sample Color Guide of Hug Snug Seam Binding from Zipperstop. What has stopped me was the fact that the sample color guide was $24.95 and for that price I could buy 4 rolls of Seam Binding, so I figured why waste my money? Did I really need it?  

This Blog Post has a very happy ending because after much angst I placed my order with Zipperstop.com. And dear friends, let me share with you the wonders of this 12 ½” x 18” 200 Sample Color Guide of Hug Snug Seam Binding. It is nirvana for someone like me who online could not tell the difference between Trophy Gold and Antique Gold. I can now. 

 
 And who would have guessed that it wasn’t Fig Brown Seam Binding that I needed for my Wine Themed Wedding Guest Journals but Log Brown?
 Or that for the Pin-Up Gal Journal I needed Caviar Pink,
not Rose Petal Hug Snug Seam Binding?


Ladies and Gents, this was the best $24.95 I have spent in a long, long time. My only regret now is that I waited so long to invest in the Color Guide…and that I bought those shoes. Do you also love Hug Snug? What’s your favorite color? Oh, you don’t know because you don’t own the Color Guide?

6 comments:

  1. We are in complete agreement, Ellen! I bought Zipperstop's Color Guide a couple months ago. It has come in quite handy! Since I have all those samples, I DO know my favorite color ;) Scarab! That's the closest color I could find to Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze. I will NEVER forgive SU! for discontinuing that color! But you did not tell us your favorite....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, my question to you is how were you able to pick just one favorite? I have narrowed it down to three, in no particular order: Zircon, Bordeaux Wine and Posie. Make that four, Pink Aster. Make that five, Delf Blue. Make that six....

      Delete
  2. lolololol! how awesome :) i don't have a fave cuz i dont have the guide :( x's, little laura lulu (not cheyenne my daughter!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lulu, must share that it has changed my life...and my bank account. Last night I placed my order and it came to $100.00!!!! What am I ever going to do with all that ribbon???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I see how fabulous it is! All those colours just calling out my name - totally justified purchase expecially after your generosity with goodwill!! xx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you come to the States make sure you bring an empty suitcase so you can fill it with lots of Hugs!

      Delete