Sunday, April 27, 2014

Do Wear Pink and Do Not Chew Tobacco

As some of you may know, I am doing my first Craft Fair in two weeks and am beyond excited. I did my pre-fair research on the Etsy Forums and it seems as if I am not the only one who has questions about craft fairs, since there are 4955 threads in the Question Section.  

I didn’t read them all, but enough to happily report that I am now totally prepared to rock this fair. I learned all the basics - like, DO wear pink since it softens your appearance and makes you more approachable. Unfortunately, I don’t own a pink shirt or sweater so it looks like a trip to the mall is definitely in order.

The list of DON’TS is much longer and includes such things as don’t eat, read, chew gum or tobacco and DO NOT ever talk on the phone! I can however drink, as long as the bottle isn’t hidden in a paper bag. But, above all, the most important thing when doing a craft fair is to have fun. That is something I plan on doing!
 
One good bit of advice from the forums was to have inexpensive "Impulse" items. Since so many of my Journals are time consuming = $$$, I went to town making my share of low cost items. 
 
These darling little gift cards ($1.00) and mini envelopes ($1.00)
are my least expensive items and my favorite!   
 I

 
Can anyone have too many shoes or tags? 
 
If these magnets don't sell they're going on my fridge!
 
 
I've got a lot more new items so hope you'll stop on by and say hello. I'll be the gal wearing a pink shirt! If you can't make it you can always visit me at The Beehive.
 
The Moms, Dads and Grads Craft Faire
May 10, 2014
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
707 South Main St
Burbank, CA  91506

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen!
    I just popped in for a look around your Etsy store and I must tell you ...you have done a fantastic job! You have a very nice selection of your fab creations...I am very impressed! So, I hear you did a craft fair not long ago! How did it go? I know you are very busy these days...me too...but I do think of you often, and look forward to getting together again when life isn't so crazy! Best wishes always, my dear...Cheers! xo

    ReplyDelete